Summary of this Privacy Notice
At Hagerty DriveShare (“Hagerty” or “DriveShare”), we are committed to respecting your privacy. This page explains how we treat your information.
We do not ever sell your personal information to anybody. We will only disclose your information to fulfill our responsibilities to you, to show you things that might interested you or to personalize your experience with us. You can make choices about how your information is collected and used.
We can only speak for ourselves so this Privacy Notice does not apply to anybody else. This includes other products or websites that may be linked in our website. This Privacy Notice applies to any Hagerty DriveShare transaction.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding how we treat your information. By accessing or using the marketplace, you agree to this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is to stop using the Hagerty DriveShare marketplace.
International Data Transfers, EU-US Privacy Shield
The love of cars is international and so are we. We provide specific protections for any personal information received from Europe. Hagerty participates in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework (“Privacy Shield”), and has self-certified with the Department of Commerce that we follow the Privacy Shield Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield Information. Please see our Privacy Shield Noticeto see the details on how Hagerty handles European information. If you have a privacy or data use concern that we have not satisfactorily addressed, please contact our U.S.-based third-party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Information we may collect about you:
Hagerty and people who represent Hagerty collect personal information in a number of situations during business. Personal information means any information that identifies an individual, household, or device. Personal information does not include “aggregate” information, which is de-identified data we collect about the use of the Hagerty DriveShare marketplace or about a group or category of products, services or users. It is completely up to you what information you voluntarily provide to us. Depending on the situation, personal information we collect can include:
- Contact information. For example, with your quote or your application which can include your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, and birth date;
- Demographic information and interests;
- Driver’s License number;
- Payment information;
- Information from motor vehicle/driving records about you;
- Communication that you send through our marketplace;
- Other information submitted by you. This may include information you have filled out in surveys, polls, questionnaires, social media or similar items; and any other information we may collect as permitted or required by law.
Use of personal information:
Hagerty DriveShare generally uses personal information for the following reasons:
- Verifying your identity;
- Improving our customer service and website;
- Customizing your interactions with us;
- Maintaining business records for reasonable periods, and generally managing and administering our business;
- Protecting Hagerty DriveShare and you against fraud;
- Keeping your information accurate and up-to-date;
- Meeting legal, regulatory, insurance, and security requirements;
- To process your DriveShare transaction;
- To show you content you might be interested in. Or to market our products to you or other products according to your interests. You can opt-out of these communications if you want;
- Otherwise as permitted or required by law.
We reserve the right to review and store the communications you make through the site, including your postings on site pages and your communications to other members using the marketplace’s messaging capabilities. We may use those communications for internal purposes, including to better understand how members use the marketplace, as well as for security purposes. That being said, we are not obligated or required to review any communications and make no commitment to do so or to take any specific action with respect to those communications.
Any information you post in your profile or in any other public area of this website will be available to other users.
Disclosing and sharing of your information:
To be clear, we do not sell your information to anybody. However, we may have to disclose or share some information for the reasons listed above. We may, for example, disclose your information to:
- To complete a business transaction with you;
- To other parties on our marketplace to facilitate your transaction. For example, Hagerty DriveShare may provide your mobile phone number to facilitate communication or your photograph to facilitate identification;
- Third parties that perform professional, business services for us;
- Maintain the regulation of our business;
- If we are required to by a court subpoena or other law;
- Market our products to you or other products that fit your interests;
- Other Hagerty companies or subsidiaries;
- Law enforcement to investigate or stop a crime;
- As otherwise permitted or required by law.
If the ownership of Hagerty DriveShare ever changes, we will transfer your information to the new owner and the same protection will apply unless a law says otherwise
We will not share motor vehicle/driving records or claims history reports with other Hagerty companies or third parties unless it is necessary to fulfill your request.
Access and Correction of Personal Information
If you want to update or see any information that we have about you, just let us know. If you want to correct information we got from another party (such as a credit reporting agency), we can provide you with that party’s contact information. We may not be able to share information involved in an ongoing investigation.
Internet Privacy and Information Collected Online:
We use Google and Adobe Analytics to help us with collecting various pieces of demographic information. Specifically, we have use geographic and general website movement pattern features. You can opt-out of these features that we use by applying Adobe’s or Google's currently available opt-outs.
You can block the use of these cookies by adjusting your browser’s or mobile device’s settings. If you reject a cookie, you may still use our website but will not have access to these enhancements. For more information on cookies, please see our International Cookie Statement.
Our website has a group forum for car people to talk shop. Just remember that anything you post becomes public.
Our website contains links to other sites. Please be aware when leave our site and to read the privacy statements of other websites. This Privacy Notice only applies our website.
Surveys & Contests
Sometimes we have a survey or contest. These are 100% voluntary. Any information collected from a survey or contest will only be used to make our website or products better and to contact any winners.
In Car Devices:
If your car, or a car you rent through the marketplace, includes an in-car device, Hagerty DriveShare will log and retain information recorded by the in-car device. This information includes location, mileage and other aspects of your use of the car during a rental period. If the in-car device is operated by a third party service, e.g. ZenDrive, that service may record information about your use of the car.
We do our best to protect your personal information. We use firewalls, encryption and Transport Layer Security (TLS). We use current technology and tools to keep your information safe. But nothing is perfect so please be careful and use strong passwords.
Hagerty DriveShare will endeavor to choose service providers that are well established and who have agreed to protect the confidentiality of any personal information the service provider receives.
Our Policies Concerning Children
Hagerty DriveShare does not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13 years old without parental consent. If we do accidentally receive this information, we will delete it. If you think we have improperly received a child’s information, please contact us at 800-922-4050 or email@example.com.
Your California Privacy Rights
You have several rights concerning your personal data. Specifically, you have the right:
- To receive a copy of the data that we have collected from you or disclosed about you in the past 12 months;
- To correct the data that we have;
- To have your data deleted;
- To opt-out of the sharing or selling of information. We do not sell any personal information.We only share personal information with third-parties to market directly to you if you either specifically opt-in or have the opportunity to opt-out and elect not to opt-out of that sharing. If you are under 16 years old, then you must opt-in to this type of sharing
We will not discriminate against any person exercising any of these rights. These rights may be limited by law. For example, we may not be able to delete your data so we can defend ourselves in a lawsuit. Some data, such as insurance data, may be exempt from these obligations. We will need to verify your identify before fulfilling these requests.
If we receive a “do not track” signal from your internet browser we don’t currently change anything because professionals and lawmakers have not agreed on what can and should be done.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice isn’t all original. We have to modify it from time to time with aftermarket parts to keep up with the times. We will make big changes easy to find. If an update changes your rights, we will let you know directly. We keep old versions of this Notice archived.
If you need to reach us by mail, please write to:
Hagerty DriveShare, LLC
121 Drivers Edge Drive
Traverse City, MI 49684
Thanks for using Hagerty DriveShare!
Last Updated: December 30, 2019